Join the Springfield bsu Advocates
What is a Springfield BSU Advocate?
Springfield BSU advocates are individuals, ministry and community leaders who believe in the mission of the Springfield BSU and advocate on their behalf.
A Springfield BSU Advocate pleads, defends, supports, and promotes the interests of the Springfield BSU.
- Pleads – takes action to make an emotional or earnest appeal on behalf of the Springfield BSU.
- Defends – protects the Springfield BSU from harm or danger.
- Supports – bears all or part of the weight.
- Promotes – commits to further the progress and advance the mission of the Springfield BSU to transform student’s lives through Christ.
What does it mean to be a Springfield BSU Advocate?
- Serve as a support system to the Springfield BSU leadership team.
- Gather annually to celebrate the success of the Springfield BSU.
- Accept a fundraising goal to give or get $100 per month or $1,000 in annual support through one or more of the following avenues:
- Corporate monthly or annual gift
- Church monthly or annual gift
- A personal monthly or annual contribution
- Host an event in your home, church or business
- Invite other business, church or personal contacts to give
- Allow the use of your name or company affiliation to promote the Springfield BSU.
- Invite friends, family and contacts to support the Springfield BSU.
Benefits of being a Springfield BSU Advocate:
- Direct ability to impact the mission of the Springfield BSU to transform the lives of college students throughout the Springfield Area
- Ability to use your skills and talents on the university mission field.
- Opportunity to speak and connect with university students as they make many of the most important decisions of their lives (i.e. faith, career, spouse, ministry, etc.).
- Direct access to the Springfield leadership team to share the impact of college ministry to your team, family, friends, congregation, etc.